Hello Dear Readers, I’m back! I’ve been busy babysitting for the past couple of days for these two little things.
My life has been full of watching Disney movies, diaper changes, singing Christmas songs, and running around the house, among other exciting events. Needless to say, I was pretty busy and didn’t really have time to blog.
Back to reality – how do moms stay healthy when surrounded by sugary cereals, fruit snacks, cookies, and Goldfish? Here are some ideas that I’ve come up with from my little experience with being a parent (for 3 days 🙂 ):
- Don’t get hungry!
- This is true for anytime but especially if you have tempting foods around the house.
- Try to eat at regular times. It’s really easy to lose track of time and/or just forget to eat. Then you wind up eating half a box of Cheese Its at 10 o’clock at night – not ideal…
- Make it easy on yourself
- Set aside time to plan each week for their meals and snacks. It makes life so much easier when you know what you are going to feed them.
- Make their lunch the night before school. This saves you valuable time in the morning
- Eat breakfast
- Don’t skip breakfast!
- Try to eat your breakfast before you feed them, so you aren’t tempted to eat their breakfast, too.
- Sit down and eat with them
- I understand if you don’t really have time to eat every meal with your children, but try to at least sit with them for dinner.
- Even though they usually eat at different times than you do, try to fix a small plate of the same thing they are eating. It can encourage them to eat their own dinner.
- Try not to get discouraged
- This one is tough because children don’t always eat how we went them to, especially when they’re 2
- One day they may love green beans and throw them in the trashcan the next.
- Don’t get upset. It takes children over 10 exposures to even try things sometimes, so feel good knowing that you are introducing healthy food into your child’s life.
For more tips, this is a great blog for helping your children eat healthy!!
(ah!! Are they not the cutest things?!?!)